3rd Reich Erkennungsmarke 2. Kompanie Maschinengewehr Ersatz Bataillon 14
In an excellent condition a dog tag of the 2nd company machine gun replacement battalion 14
The soldier number is 866 and his blood type A
The 14th Machine Gun Battalion was formed on November 10, 1938 at the peacetime base in Saarbrücken, in Military District XII, from the II./Infantry Regiment 70. The battalion was setup as an army force under the Saar-Palatinate General Command. The battalion was deployed to the West in 1939. On February 5, 1940, the battalion was reorganized into a machine gun rifle battalion. The battalion was then structured like a machine gun rifle battalion with 1st - 3rd. Machine gunners and a 4th heavy company. In 1940 the battalion was deployed further west. From 1941-1944 the battalion was deployed in Finland. There after the battalion was deployed as s Ski Brigade in Finland.