3rd Reich Erkennungsmarke 3. Kompanie Flugabwehr Ersatz Bataillon Motorisiert 66
In a very good condition a dog tag of the 3rd company, 66th motorized Flak Replacement Battalion
A is the bood type of the soldier, his number is 43
The Flak Replacement Battalion (motorized) 66 was set up on May 2, 1941 in Wackernheim near Mainz, Wehrkreis XII. The battalion emerged from the anti-aircraft replacement company 66, which was set up on August 26, 1939 as a replacement company for MG (s) 66 and was later renamed. The battalion was subordinated to Division 172. On October 1, 1942, the battalion was divided into a Flak-Ersatz-Bataillon 66 and a Flak-Ausbildungs-Bataillon 66. On April 1, 1943, the two battalions were reunited as Flak replacement and Training Battalion 66. At this time the battalion was stationed in Mainz-Gonsenheim, also military district XII.