3rd Reich Erkennungsmarke Pionier Park Kompanie 624
In an excellent condition a dog tag of the Pioneer Park Company 624
Soldier number 213 PI. Park KP. 624.
The Pionier Park Kompanie was part of the Pionier Brücken Bataillon 624.
The bridge construction battalion 624 was set up during the mobilization on August 26, 1939 in Klosterneuburg, in military district XVII. The battalion was set up as an army force with 4 companies and a pioneer park company. The battalion was initially used in the Polish campaign with the 4th Army. From November 7, 1939, the battalion was deployed in the west. The battalion was subordinate to Army Group B. The battalion was also deployed in the French campaign. On December 26, 1940, the battalion was transferred to Romania. On June 17, 1941, the battalion of the 11th Army was assigned to Army Group A. In the eastern campaign, the battalion was initially used in southern Russia. In 1942 the battalion was deployed under the 11th Army in the Crimea. From September 1, 1942, the battalion was subordinated to the Wehrmacht Commander in Ukraine. On August 19, 1943, the battalion was renamed Pioneer Bridge Battalion 624. In 1944/45 the battalion was used by the 8th Army in Slovakia.